Monday 23 February 2015

Task 2 (TH: Cartographic Projections). Star

Hello, my name is Yolanda and I’m the Star this week :)

This week, I had to explain the different Cartographic Projections and the effect of the Media in the perception of the reality. During this week I have felt very nervous although we have been working very hard!!

After the exposition I had to explain that it was very difficult for me the role of the star because of I´m a nervous person. The presentation was a disaster… One part of the main mural fell down to the ground at the beginning of the exposition, so my colleague Bernabé had to help me to hold it up. This fact altered me, because I became more nervous and my mind went blank so I guessed that I would forget some information that I should said, for that reason I decided to read all the information…. 


Perhaps another factor that would have influenced me, is the change of the tactic,  because at the exposition I have to exposed with my colleagues of other groups, those are the stars of the groups 3 (“Keep Calm and Keep Organized”) and 6 (“Umpalumpas”). Also we had thirty minutes to mix our information, and doing another exposition to expose in 8 minutes. It was a good experience to work with them, but I think it would be better if we would have more time. I want to congratulate them, because they have done a good work. It was a pleasure to work with them!!



The Three Stars: Clara, Mº Cruz and Me (Yolanda).

Personally, It was a bad experience, but I think it could be something constructive for me…. It can help me to improve my weaknesses (nerves, worry, and insecurity). And I hope the next time, it will be better, because I´m sure that we will work very hard!

Here you have the information that we have prepared for the exposition!

In this exposition we are going to talk about cartographic projections.First of all,taking into account the caracteristics of the different projections(Robinson,Mercator and Azimuthal) we are going to compare two selected countries(Canada and Turkey) .Furthermore we are going to choose one of the projections that we would use in the classroom.
Secondly,we are going to focus on the media and how it can determine the vision of students in the majority of things,also we are gonig to explain the relationship between this task and  the slogan "media are not neutral" and finally we are going to give you another example of treasure hunt.


So, this is all, I hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Good reflections. Take them into account in the future

    ReplyDelete