Monday 2 March 2015

Task 3 (Telling stories). Star

The STAR is here :) 

Hi!!I am Maria Jose and this week I have worked as the Star.
This week we have had to do an exposition about some content of the second cycle of Primary Education. My group and me decided to realize an exposition about the senses because it is, from our point of view, a very interesting topic to explain to children, in which the teacher can do different activities and interact with their students, like I did during the presentation.In fact one of the objectives of this task is to explain the topic in the way that I would do with my future students.To do this task I have worked very hard during this week in which our group thought about how I would explain the different concepts at the exposition in an easily way, how I can capture their attention and what kind of games I could do to make a dynamic and funny presentation while they learn.


Before the exposition I was very nervous, but it is normal, because it is my first exposition and I had only 4 minutes to do all the activities and explain all the information. When I was in the middle of the class explaining it, I have to recognize that I felt very comfortable and very motivated, so I tried to express the content with different examples and proposed some activities in which a volunteer that belong to the “Power Teachers” group (SILVIA) helped me in order to experiment with the different senses.


Finally, the exposition was very good, so my group and me felt very proud of our work because we had worked a lot on it, and we could appreciate it. We have to continue improving our works in spite of the difficulties.

Personally, it has been a good experience for me and I love being the star. I have learnt many valours with this role: one of them is to realize of my strengths (expose, explain and transmit the ideas that I want to say) and also control my weaknesses (nervous and anxiety).I recommend this experience for everyone because you do not learn only the content, you improve your potential to be a teacher, and as  future teachers, that is good for us.



Here you have the video of the presentation. We have had some problems with the video, for that reason, the presentation of myself at the beginning of the exposition does not appear, so I have done a transcription about what I said in that part. You will find it in the next paragraph.             
Sorry for it.

Presentation
Hi everyone!! I am María José and I am the star of the group Busy Bees, This is my volunteer Silvia who is going to help to do some activities with the senses. I am going to talk about the senses. This explanation is dedicated to children of second cycle of Primary Education.I hope you like it :)

Sensitivity is required to understand our surroundings. Our senses give us information about the world around us so we can react to it.

Have a good time watching the exposition ;)







The information in which I have supported to do this presentation is from the following webpage: ceiploreto.es

2 comments:

  1. Good job María José!!! Your work as star has been astonishing! I can appreciate you have worked very hard to do your presentation. The results obtained have been surprising as you have got the attention of all our classmates. It was an explanation for children of primary school: easy to understand and pretty enjoyable.

    Tere Alarcón - ItsChOOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! We are so happy with your comment!!
      You did the presentation very well too!!

      Delete