Monday 9 March 2015

Task 4 (The Dark side of Textbooks). Star

Hello everyone! 
I am María and this week I am the star of the group Busy Bees!!  ^^

I am so worried for this role, because I am aware that it is one of the most difficult and stressed roles, but I want to do as better as possible.
At first, Me and my group have had to read some confidential resources about textbooks and their “dark side”.
So, I have had to study a little of  textbooks but of course I have had to explore the different facts of their dark side.

So, how do I explain the dark side of textbooks?

Through our poster, we want to represent a school, because it is the building that promotes the necessity to buy textbooks.
In the middle of the poster, we can see the TEACHER, because he/she plays one of the most important roles that is the transmission of the knowledge.
With the door we want to show that teachers have to “open their minds”, I mean, they not only have to focus in textbooks, they have to use other methods for the teaching process.They have to teach with other alternatives such as: ICT that is New Technology like: Digital books and other options are: oral teaching, teaching notes and so on.
And then, for showing facts against textbooks, I am focusing in the following ambits:

         -   Economical Ambit
-     -  Epistemological Ambit
-     -  Ideological Ambit
-     -  Educational Ambit

So, students will be more motivated and interested in their subjects with this new experience.
When I studied this information, I was very nervous on Monday for the presentation and of course with the “surprise activity”. 
This activity consisted that the expositions are a kind of “piece of arts in a museum” and the rests of the groups have to see our info graphic and if they want, the will ask me whatever they want. 
So , I was very surprised with this activity, but I had fun because the rest of my classmatesand my teacher say to me: “Well done María” or “ This poster is very clear and original”, an Iwas very happy for these comments. 
This experience was incredible, and me and my group are very proud.

I hope you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment