Monday 9 March 2015

Task 4 (The Dark side of Textbooks). Journalist

Hello people!!! I am Gracia and this week I have been the journalist of BUSY BEES!!! I had to admit that I was waiting excited this role because I like a lot to take photos.

This week, the task 4 has consisted in “The dark side of the text books”. Firstly, we have had to read some articles and look for facts against textbooks (something that is not very difficult) and do an infographic, a comic or a twitter line. We decided to do an infographic with piktochart, a very useful tool.


On Monday, when the teacher explained us in how consists the task 4, Yoli, the facilitator, divided the articles, so we read them and on Wednesday we met on Luis Vives and we put in common the facts and the information that we had read, and we started to investigate how to use “piktochart”.




On Thursday, some of us did Skype and we talked about in which steps we were going to divide the inforgraphic and about the articles that we had read.Finally, we realized that textbooks are worst than we thought.



On Friday, we met on Luis Vives. Yoli, the facilitator was ill so she could not come but we did Skype with her and she was helping us like if she was there!!
While Miriam, Ana and Bernabe were starting the structure of the inphograpic, Maria Jose and Maria started to redact the information and Ainhoa and me were writing and resuming the facts, so we divided the work according to the advices of Yoli.

We had the idea of represent the problems of textbooks such as a school, in which each pillar represents a problem of the textbooks (ideological, economical, epistemological and educational). The main pilar (wich was in the center of the school) represents the teacher, who have an important role reproducing these ambits due to they depend a lot on textbooks. 
In adicction, this pillar has a door and a window which mean that they have to open their minds and look for other alternatives instead of textbooks.


We had problems searching the photo of the school ( a school which has all the pillar that we wanted), but Miriam had a good idea, so we did the school with pieces of lego.



Here you can see some photos of our time working!!!









Some photos of the class on Monday, it was like a museum!!!




Our star María with our poster, she was explaining some doubts to our classmates!!






And finally... BUSY BEES after the expositions!!!



I have commented two blogs, one of our class and other from outside the class.

This is the blog that I chosen from the class:

From my class I have chosen the Meerkats´ blog, because I think that their comic was really interesting and from my point of view their work was one the best works of the class, and I have to admit that their star, Ana Elena, was very good, and she answered all the questions that we asked her, so congratulations for your comic!!

Here you can see the comment!



The blog that I have choosen outside the class is the next:


I started to look for blogs about the dark side of textbooks,in other words, bad and negative things about them. I found this blog and I read it and I realized that all the things thatthe author said were true. She had written about textbooks,that they are so bored and that there are a lot of alternatives instead of textbooks!!


And here you can see the comment: 


Hope you have enjoyed reading this post!!! See you sooooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment